Confident, Creative And In Control
Our Lawyers Weather The Legal Storm So That You Don’t Have To

Protecting Your Relationship With Your Children

Child custody issues are often the most emotionally charged part of a divorce. It is normal for fear and emotion to overwhelm you when you think about how your relationship with and access to your children might change. Our experienced family law attorneys understand.

You can rely on Silverman, Tokarsky & Forman, L.L.C, , for strategic child custody representation. We know that you don’t want the breakup to adversely affect your children or your relationship with them. While it may be difficult at first, if you have an effective parenting plan, you and your children can move forward together. Let our lawyers ease your concerns — call us at 814-792-2412.

How Courts Determine Custody

In Pennsylvania, a parent can seek primary, shared or partial physical custody which may be supervised. The court determines custody by what is in the best interest of the child while weighing and considering a list of factors. In most cases, the parents are able to reach an agreement which enables the children to spend reasonable time with each parent. Working with the other parent to create a custody and parenting schedule agreement is typically a good approach in these situations. You and your lawyer can negotiate or use mediation to reach  a custody agreement that works for your family.

If the other parent will not work with you or has issues such as substance abuse or mental illness, you may need to go to trial to determine custody. It’s critical that you are represented by an experienced trial lawyer in these cases. Our attorneys have a reputation as skilled litigators who fight hard for our clients.

We can also help you modify existing custody orders if needs change over time. Need to relocate? Talk to one of our attorneys first. Are you a grandparent seeking rights to a child? We know how to approach your case.

Take Action Today

Please contact us online or call 814-792-2412 for an appointment. We can meet you at our offices in Johnstown, Windber or Somerset.